Sunday 2 February 2014

Review: Maybelline The Rocket Mascara

Are mascaras the most controversial thing on the blogosphere or is that just my impression? In my opinion, whether a mascara will suit you or not is as subjective as foundation. There are so many types of wands and formulas out there that promise you huge eyelashes no matter what. Today I’m going to get into deep about a very well hyped one the Maybelline’s The Rocket Mascara.  




I’ve first heard about this one from MissGlamorazzi back in the summer and then the trend started spreading all around YouTube and blogposts. I own the non waterproof formula and have been using it for about 3 months now. I have a soft spot for mascaras because whenever I don’t feel like pilling on the make up or have a very bad week with hormonal breakouts mascara and a brow powder will get me through the day. So I keep buying and stashing them on the quest for the perfect one. I am generally a fan of drugstore mascaras but this particular one didn’t rock my world.

The Rocket mascara is supposed to have a very well designed wand, the Supersonic Brush, which is a rather thick one from top to bottom. It promises “explosive volume”, “8x bigger” lashes and “zero clumps”. It does give me volume and pretty good separation for an everyday eye makeup (as you can see in the pictures below where you can totally ignore my puffy eyes; I'm wearing zero concealer!) but the wand is not for my taste. It takes a lot of effort not to smudge it on my eyelid in the mornings because of how huge the brush is! I don’t usually do many coats of mascara but since it claims to be clump free I tried a second coat with this one. Guess what? Clumped lashes everywhere! It holds a curl pretty well throughout the day but I always notice those panda eyes when I get back home from work, and I don’t even have really oily eyelids. Maybe the waterproof formula would hold up better.      





Overall, I don’t think this mascara lives up to its hype. Since it’s a drugstore mascara it’s not very pricey and I will keep wearing it for my everyday looks however it’s not a mascara that I would repurchase or that I can even compare to the Falsies one.


Have you tried it? Did it work for you?

Georgina x x x 

2 comments:

  1. Κι εγώ περίμενα περισσότερα από τη συγκεκριμένη μάσκαρα αλλά πραγματικά προτιμώ πολυ περισσότερο τη falsies!!
    http://staceysbeautylife.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Κι εγω ακριβως τα ιδια! x x x

      Delete