Friday 28 February 2014

Seche Vite Dupe?

Today we are talking about a HG product: Seche Vite top coat. Everyone and their cat is using this after applying nail polish in order to have shiny, dry-in-a-minute nails. We are not going to argue about whether the Seche Vite is worth the money or the hype; if you ask me it definitely is. However, if you are on a budget there are alternatives that you can use and probably do almost the same job! Is the China Glaze top coat one of them?



China Glaze is a nail polish brand that I personally love. I like it because their nail polishes harden my nails and they don’t chip, like Essie let’s say! They have a wonderful selection of colours and they are fairly inexpensive. I used to use their top coat before I found out about the Seche Vite one and I am very satisfied. It dries the nail polish very fast, not as fast as Seche Vite but you are ready to go in about 3 minutes, and it does make your nail polish look shinier than before. It also helps with the chipping and generally the longevity of your nail polish. I’ve found that it doesn’t get gloopy and really hard to apply as quickly as Seche Vite and to be honest it might make your nail polish last a bit longer. The problem that I have with Seche Vite is that when it chips it’s not only on the sides; your entire nail is left bare. I’ve noticed that with the China Glaze one that rarely happens. Below you can see the photo where I’ve used Seche Vite on one hand and China Glaze on the other and have the polish on for 4 days. I’ts held up pretty well, hasn’t it?

So, in my opinion, you can consider that one as a dupe. If you can't spare the pennies you can still get the perfect manicure at home without breaking the bank!

Don't forget to enter my giveaway to win a Kaolin Clay Mask by Michael Todd True Organics!

Georgina x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment