Sunday 16 March 2014

Baking Post: Nutella Caramel Cookies

Another Baking Post today and this time I’m sharing with you a cookie recipe. They are the most chocolat-y cookies in the history of cookies, I swear! They are crunchy on the outside and soft and moist on the inside. It’s a delicious combination of chocolate chips, nutella and caramel all blended in one! It’s not a difficult one, I’d say it’s kind of easy since you don’t need any hand mixer; just a pan and an oven to bake them in!






After these mouthwatering pictures I think I've made you eager enough to make them yourself so lets go ahead to the recipe!

Ingredients:
·         110gr butter
·         350gr light brown sugar
·         55gr cocoa powder
·         2 eggs
·         ¼ teaspoon of salt
·         ¾ teaspoon baking powder
·         260gr all purpose flour
·         100gr chocolate chips (they can be milk or dark or even white chocolate, it doesn’t matter)
·         16 caramel-filled chocolate pieces

Recipe:
1.  Melt the butter in a medium heated pan.
2. Take the pan off the heat and stir in the brown sugar and the eggs. Add the cocoa powder, salt and baking powder and stir until they are all well combined.
3. Next, add the flour and stir well until there no floury patches left. I started with a hand whisk but at this point I switched to a wooden spoon because it started getting very solid and I couldn’t work with the whisk anymore. You can start with the wooden spoon if you like. Finally, stir in the chocolate chips.
4. Now that your dough is ready it’s time to line a baking tray with parchment paper to lay your cookies. Take one heaped tablespoon of dough and make it into a ball with your hands. Place it on the baking tray and with your finger make a large indentation in the centre. Fill it in with approximately a teaspoon of nutella and on top put the caramel-filled chocolate. Take another tablespoon of dough, flatten it and place it on top and seal the edges so as you cannot see the caramel chocolate anymore. In mine some nutella was leaking but they turned out alright.
5. Bake them for about 10-12 minutes in a preheated oven of 180 °C.
And you are done. They will literally be a hit wherever you take them. My colleagues went nuts about them and literally told me that I need to start selling these somewhere because they have never tasted anything as delicious as this one.

The recipe was taken from SortedFood and the only alteration I’ve made is that I didn’t put the salt on the top to pronounce them ‘salted’ caramel cookies. Sorted Food have a great YouTube channel as well, which I personally am a subscriber of and I find that their recipes are very unique and easy to make. You can subscribe to their channel on youtube.com/sortedfood.

Let me know if you’ve tried it and if you do share them on Instagram or Twitter and tag @chgeorgina. You can also follow me in both if you like, I share a bit too much of my everyday life over there! I’d love to see how they turn out for you!


Georgina x x x



2 comments:

  1. yiam yiam φαίνονται λαχταριστά!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ειναι τα καλυτερα cookies ever! Καθε μερα οι συναδελφοι με ρωτανε ποτε θα τα ξαναφτιαξω! Δοκιμασε τα ASAP! x x x

      Delete