Monday 24 March 2014

My morning skincare routine

Today I wanted to share with you my morning skincare routine. I have been using this products for long enough to know that they suit and benefit my skin. Of course I do get the breakouts, I suffer from hormonal acne and I have noticed that my skin is at its best the week after I get my period and the week after ovulation, for the rest of the month I struggle with those white heads and cystic acne. However, these products have made my skin smoother and they have helped loads with hyperpigmentation that goes hand in hand with acne!





For starters, I wash my face with my HG cleanser, the Charcoal Detox Deep Pore Gel Cleanser by Michael Todd True Organics (for a full review click here). Then I pour some Organic Lemon AHA DMAE Toner on a cotton pad and go over my whole face. Next is hydration and I use the Antioxidant Carrot Multivitamin Serum by Michael Todd True Organics (again!) which is supposed to act like a retinol cream but with organic ingredients. I think it has helped somewhat but most with the hyperpigmentation and not the breakouts. After the serum I try to identify what my skin needs really. If I am having a bad skin day I use the Evdermia Caladerm Cream which helps with the acne and is very mattifying (click here for a full review). If the only thing I need is to moisturise my face I don’t have severe breakouts I use the Castalia Dermopur Crème Mattifiant (full review here) which keeps me matte for longer and it’s a great base for my makeup. For the eye area, I use the Simple Kind to Eyes Soothing Balm which moisturises perfectly and helps with the dark circles and I apply it both under the eyes and the eyelids. My under eye area is not my main concern that’s why I don’t use a more targeted eye cream; I just need it to be hydrated for the concealer to look good when it goes on top. My last step is to spritz some Caudalie Eau de Beaute Beauty Elixir for extra moisture and this wonderful feeling that I’ve just had my own facial in my bathroom every day!

I try to keep it simple in the mornings because I usually wake up last minute and don’t have much time for myself! Stay tuned for my night time skincare routine when I go nuts with the products I pile on my face!

What are your favourite products for your morning skincare?

Georgina x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment