Monday 31 March 2014

Review: Maybelline Color Tattoo 24 Hour Cream Gel Eyeshadow

Today I’ll be talking to you about an over hyped product. No, I’m not late to the party, it just never occurred to me to write a post about them since there are so many reviews out there. However, since I expanded my collection of them and got some shades worth mentioning and worth swatching I thought I’d write about them.





The Maybelline Color Tattoos are cream eyeshadows in a pot. They are a mousse like consistency, highly pigmented and very blendable. You can apply them either with a brush or with your hand. They are very long lasting, they don’t crease and they can be worn as an eyeshadow base or on their own as they give great colour pay off and they are very opaque. These claim to be 24 wear eyeshadows, however I’ve not tested them for that long. To be honest, I don’t think anyone is likely to wear an eye shadow for that long so I didn’t see the point of it. They perform excellently in 16 hour wear though, if that counts.
The shades I own are Bad to the Bronze (or On and On Bronze in the UK), Barely Branded and Inked in Pink. They are all of the same opacity and they have the same consistency. Bad to the Bronze (and not Back as I’ve written on the picture, sorry for that) is a wonderful metallic golden bronze shade that looks very neutral and beautiful when blended. Any eyeshadow you put over it really stands out, but I tend to wear it on its own for every day neutral looks. Inked in Pink is the one I chose for my Valentine’s Day look back in February (you can see the finished look here) and it’s an amazing metallic pink that you can also wear on its own with a bit of blending. It looks so fluttering and girly; I love it. Barely Branded is a goldy/ice shade that I may use all over the lid as a base or in the inner corner of my eye as a highlighter since it’s metallic as well. It looks a bit orange in the pot but it’s not; you can see the actual colour in the swatches picture.

I’m generally in love with these eyeshadows because they’ve made my life easier. I just throw some of it on with my ring finger in the morning and I’m good to go. In my opinion they definitely deserve the hype.

Have you tried any of them? What do you think?

Georgina x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment