Monday 19 May 2014

Review: Dior Airflash CC Primer

Today I present to you a high end product. In succession to the BB cream hype come the CC creams, as in Colour Correcting creams. I’ve definitely jumped onto the BB cream bandwagon and the world of the newly launched CC creams is rather intriguing to me. The Dior Airflash is more a primer than your average CC cream, which excites me even more! Let’s see what the product can do for your complexion and whether it would suit you or not!


This primer comes in an aerosol container, as the foundation of the same line, which for me at least was a bit tricky at first. I actually had to google how to apply it because I dreaded the thought of spraying it straight to my face and letting it spread to my hair and clothes! So, the best way I found to apply it was by spraying it on my Real Techniques Buffing brush, after shaking it real well, and then applying it on my face. That way you don’t make a mess and you don’t waste any product.

When it first touches your face it has got a cooling effect and it applies really smoothly and evenly. It is not very pigmented and it won’t make much of a difference. Especially for me that I have a lot to cover I don’t really see it on my skin. It does even out my complexion a bit, after it sets, but I definitely can’t get away with just that on my face. It will make your skin really smooth and ready for foundation though. Under foundation it didn’t really cooperate with my skin. It did make me shiny after a couple of hours, which does not happen when I use the Benefit Porefessional along with my Covergirl 3 in 1 foundation.

The way I found it worked best, was under a BB cream (all the abbreviations going along today, got that?!). I mostly wear it on my good skin days or the days that I cant be bothered to do a full face makeup and try to cover the volcano that is erupting on my face, under the Garnier BB cream to even out my complexion a bit. I do use some concealer on top, only because I have acne to cover, and I’m good to go.



Overall, I wouldn’t repurchase this one. It is on the pricier side, it’s Dior after all, around 39€, and you can get your hands on it via feelunique, it is not available in Greek Dior counters. The reason I wouldn’t repurchase is that it is way too pricey for what it does for me and the fact that it didn’t really match my skin needs. I do believe though that for drier skin types it would work wonders!

Have you tried it? Have you tried any other Dior base products that you would recommend for oily skin?

Georgina x x x

3 comments:

  1. Μου άρεσε πάρα πολύ το συγκεκριμένο προϊόν !! Αν τα έβρισκα ξανά σε έκπτωση θα το αγόραζα σίγουρα !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ναι ε? Εχεις λιπαρο δερμα ή ξηρο? Μηπως αυτο κανει τη διαφορα? Εμενα δε με ενθουσιασε παντως... :( x x x

      Delete